Thursday, March 10, 2011

Departing Toronto

Waiting at Pearson for the first leg: Toronto to Amsterdam, then from there to Nairobi, arriving Friday evening (local time). Natch, the flight has been delayed, but I should still make the connection to Kenya.

My colleagues at wonder cafe have linked to this blog, so it might make some sense to explain myself a bit further (for those that don't know me. My name is Dan Benson, and I work at the national office of The United Church of Canada in the Communications Unit. We do all the neat stuff around publishing, editorial, web services, graphics, distribution, archives, media relations, marketing, multi-media productions, etc. It's a very busy group, often going in many different directions. It all works because there's an amazing team of talented pros that make it all happen (and make me, as the team leader, look good!).

Anyway, this trip is my opportunity to see the church at work in a global context. I've done lots at my local congregation (Bloor Street United in Toronto), and at the national office, but never before connected to what the church does globally.

There's lots going on here right now at the airport. There are four or five youth groups here that are on the same route as I am, to Kenya, for March Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment